Gaming : a part of me

Friday 11 March 2016

Hey bloggies!

How are you all?

When I take a time-off writing, one of my preferred distractions is gaming.
I'm from the playstation 1 generation. I remember when I first played on Nintendo 64 and Atari.
Nowadays, I still game and amoung my recents favourites are: The Sherlock Holmes Series.




 The last one I played was Crimes and Punishments.

As you may know I am a huge Sherlock Holmes fan (Granada, BBC series and books ), so not playing this game was out of the question. Especially when you've had a taste of the previous ones : Sherlock Holmes Vs Jack The Ripper and The testament of Sherlock Holmes.
I haven't got the occasion to play the previous ones yet but I'm more eager to know the new one coming out this spring: The devil's daughter.

Crimes of punishments is a series of cases with different endings, depending on how far you get on linking the clues and the final judgement.
The graphics have greatly evolved and Mr. Holmes and Dr. Watson look more and more like Jeremy Brett and David Burke (Granada series).
What I particularly liked about this game is the solving process. Depending on the clues you find and your own analyze, you may determine who is guilty.The game will not tell you if you were right of wrong, your judgement will be final.
This happened to me in one of the cases.All the clues I had gathered pointed out to one person, everything fit and the deduction was clear as water. However, there were still a few places that hadn't been investigated.
Since everything seemed obvious to finish the case, I thought of scanning the other places for clues. It was then that suddenly all the reasoning became unclear and the primary suspicions were now directed to someone else.
This makes the game one of my top favourites.

Aside from this game, I have played several types from the PS1 to PS3 such as Xena, DragonBall, YuGiOh Forbidden Memories, Crash Bandicoot, Final Fantasy, Theme Park World, Mario, and so many others with different consoles.

Even though the consoles have evolved, I'm a bit dissapointed at the diversity of the actual games. Most of them are centered on horror, war, gangster games instead of being more diverse. I hope some will be more creative and fun to play.

I'd love to interact with gamers or hear your connection with gaming. What are your thoughts?


Check out my vlog for more details about my gaming hobby

Be the first to comment

Let's have a friendly chat about the subject or any review is welcome!
Thank you for your time and enjoy reading the rest ;) Smile!