Be yourself

Friday 12 February 2016



Be yourself, this is something I keep repeating myself. It is your primary strength and the main key to your happiness.

Based on the recent events I experienced, I thought it was important to share this with you all.

During my break, I came across several revelations that have allowed me to have a brighter vision about life, and about me.

We are all born with the same heart, and each of us has its own journey. Yet our environment can sometimes be quite disappointing and we can be judged without reason.
People, or rather society, has over the years developed all types of labels, judgements, making people change themselves just in order to fit in some of sort of "cool" community.

I have struggled with this comparison for several years, feeling like a complete alien, and most of the time, blamed myself for being different. Even when I tried to fit in, there was always something wrong, I felt like an outcast.



I see people today compare themselves with someone else that could be them, if they started by looking in the mirror and acknowledge their existence.

I believe some are familiar with this type of quotes: " She/he is so perfect. I'll never be this good/pretty/perfect/cool. I'm waiting for this to happen to me".

When I read such comments, and I see how the person downgrades herself, I feel pain.
These type of insecurities are sometimes generated by ideals created by society and afterwards by people.
I've been told a lot of things, that I should change my life, that at some point, I must have had this or that.

After thinking, I decided to give it a try and it was a huge mistake. A mistake that learned me a valuable lesson; that the little voice that always whispered me to : "stay yourself" was right.

As long as you are satisfied with yourself, be proud of it. If you're not, you must start looking at yourself in the mirror and say "I am beautiful", "I can be beautiful" because you already are.
You fail to see it because you believe that what is broadcasted on TV and/or internet is the definition of beauty. Focus on yourself, not how the others look or live.
Don't be discouraged by the labels that people can give, ignore it ( it's not easy, I know ) be your own unique label and be proud of it.
Be different by being you. Embrace your soul and let it bloom, accept the sun in your life and see how far you can go in your dreams.

You'd be amazed at how much you can bloom and what you can achieve the moment you start looking at yourself.

And please remember this, if people can not accept who you truly are, let go! On your journey, with patience, even alone ( it's not a bad thing really ) you will encounter people who will wish to walk with you because they understand your soul.

If you would like to share your story, advice, or even talk, feel free to comment below. Let's encourage ourselves to bloom and reach happiness by existing.

Take care and see you soon!

16 Replies so far - Join the conversation

  1. This is epic. So beautiful! I'm 29 and I know I have a ways to go but have experienced things I never thought I'd have too. Some traumatic, some tragic many couldn't handle. But u rise above and conquer - and that is something u can't put a price on.

    Cheers to being yourself!!!

    Chiara
    chiaramarie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thumbs up to you first of all for overcoming every challenge you faced despite how difficult it was. When we choose to rise above and move, we discover at some point what we have achieved and how strong and capable we are. Other challenges will cross our path but I believe that with the right spirit we can face it again and keep moving :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely post - thoughtful and meaningful! It tool me years to accept who I was. I'm there now and don't care as much as what people think of me but it's quite natural I think. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so liberating to be yourself! And I believe that by adopting this life style, you actually attract people that are likely to understand you and so create tight bonds with them or experience great moments that will make you bloom more.

      Delete
  3. I think it's really important to spend time alone, especially, to find out who you really are and cherish it! I used to be kind of embarrassed that I am a gamer and an introvert, etc...now I embrace it and blog about it :) Nice message!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very true! By the way, It took my chance to stop by at your blog since you mentioned gaming, i'm quite fond of it and will certainly talk about it on a blog post. Happy to know you've embraced your own soul, it makes us stronger

      Delete
  4. Great post, staying true and appreciative of yourself are vital life lessons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Lauren and it takes off a huge weight we've put on our shoulders without knowing it.

      Delete
  5. Lord knows, always be yourself and remain positive. I tell those that I train at work the same thing every day (I am a job coach for those with special needs).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh great! I think there should be more people like you to help those in need of a hand to reach out for them so they understand that you can stand up by yourself and yes that you can happy no matter what happens.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful post! I'm sure everyone can relate to these feelings once in awhile. We all know we need to be ourselves but often I think we forget this simple fact. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Portia, we get so many instructions thrown at our face that we should follow to have a life when in reality all we need to do is follow our heart. This feeling of doubt can come back, we are humans and our emotions are in constant change. We just have to remember that there is always a positive side to stand up again

      Delete
  7. Really good post! I wish I could one day be able to transmit this message to my kids so they wouldn't go through what I've been through. But I guess that's gonna be damn hard with all the images and fairytale stories they are subjected to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as we keep an eye that we don't let TV and internet take over the parental education I think it can be balanced. Personally I found a lot of valuable morals in anime (japanese cartoons. Yet the discovery of who we are is I think an important experience that each person has to go through at some point in his life.

      Delete

Let's have a friendly chat about the subject or any review is welcome!
Thank you for your time and enjoy reading the rest ;) Smile!